Thursday, March 24, 2011

Summer Cole Slaw from Quick & Healthy

Notes: I use Miracle Whip instead of mayo. I do use the yogurt when I have it on hand, or all miracle whip when I don't. It's good either way. I use both red & green cabbage. Even though this is a healthy recipe, I have gotten compliments on the taste!

3 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
2 tsp. cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar (or the equivalent in artificial sweetener)
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
5 cups finely shredded cabbage (about 1 1/2 lbs.)

Make the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, paprika, pepper and sale. Add to the cabbage and stir until well combined.

Variation: Add shredded carrots for color. for additional flavor, add diced onion and diced green pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment